2 1/2 cups brown rice flour
1/2 cup Tapioca flour
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
2 1/2 cups warm water
2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
1 tsp maple syrup
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp maple syrup
1/3 cup ground chia seeds
1/3 cup psyllium husks
- Put the warm water in a bowl or a large measuring glass.
- Add the yeast and tsp of maple syrup; whisk together. Let rest for 5-10 mins to proof.
- Mix dry ingredients together in another bowl and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Once the yeast has proofed, pour the rest of the “wet” ingredients into the yeast mixture. Whisk ingredients together and let stand one minute.
- Whisk wet ingredients again after one minute and then pour into the dry ingredients.
- Using a spoon, mix all together until it’s too thick to stir anymore.
- Dump the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead to incorporate all the flour.
- Add more flour as needed to make sure the dough holds together and isn’t too sticky.
- Shape the dough into a loaf and put in a loaf pan.
- Cover with a towel and place in a warm place to rise; let rise to double its’ original size (approx one hour).
- While dough is rising, turn the oven on to 200°C.
- Once the dough is doubled in size, place the loaf pan in the oven and bake for 40 mins.
- Remove from pan and let cool on a wire rack.
Devori graduated from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition where she learned innovative coaching methods, practical lifestyle management techniques, and over 100 dietary theories; everything from Ayurveda, gluten-free, and Paleo, to raw, vegan, and macrobiotics, and everything in between.
She has an extensive knowledge in holistic nutrition and health coaching. Drawing on her expertise, she works with clients to help make lifestyle changes and choose health-promoting ways that produce real and lasting results.
For more information visit www.sitblesschew.com