Hamantaschen energy balls
Gluten Free, Egg Free, Parve and refined sugar free
Poppy Seed Filling
1/2 Cup Pitted Dates
2 Tbsp Poppy seeds
I Tbsp Coconut oil
1 Tsp cocoa powder (optional)
1 cup Ground Almonds
1/2 cup Pitted Dates
1/2 cup Almond Butter
1 Tsp Vanilla extract
1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 Pinch Kosher salt
NOTE: Before you start if the dates aren’t soft and gooey then soak them in boiling water for 30 mins and drain before using.
- Blend all the filing ingredients in a blender until they form a smooth paste.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Use a teaspoon measure to drop the date mixture into little mounds on the greaseproof paper.
- Put in the freezer for an hour to firm up.
In the meantime blend the outer layer ingredients until they come together and form a dough.
- Remove the date mixture from the freezer, It should be firm enough to roll into balls.
- Now pat the Almond mixture around it and shape into balls using your palms. You need to work quickly whilst the filling is still frozen.
- Roll the balls in sprinkles then put them in the fridge to firm up before enjoying.
Best stored in the fridge or freezer and eaten within 5 days.
Follow Jenny on Instagram @saladforsupper or go to www.saladforsupper.com for quick, easy, simple recipes! Jenny is passionate about creating healthy food that is delicious, innovative and inspiring, and can be realistically recreated at home.